Monday, September 10, 2012

Peak 313 Challenge

Peak313.com I was diagnosed with asthma 7 months ago.
Some days it seems like just a few days ago and other days it seems like years ago since I got my diagnosis.

I suffered for 6 weeks before anyone figured out what was wrong.
I was sure I was going to die.
And had it not been for my GP who never tired of seeing me in his office (at one point I had seen him 3 times in a week!) I probably would have.

And do you know what I have done with myself since then?
Not much, I'm ashamed to say.
My doctors have repeatedly told me that staying active, taking my medicine and avoiding my triggers would go a long way to helping me avoid complications.

All of that to say this: My name is Liz and I have a problem. I am a slacker.

But there's hope for me yet! I found an online community of people that I think will really help me to stay on track. The website is peak313.com and I don't know how I ended up there but I'm glad I did. It's a 5 week program and I'm hoping to see some measurable character changes.

My goal isn't so much weight loss (although that's important) so much as it's about just staying active. I think taking the pressure of weight loss off the table will go a long way in helping ol' slacker me stay on track. I'm not sure about following the site's activity list to a tee because of my current limitations, but I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be up to speed!

I don't have an accountability partner (yet!) but am starting the program tomorrow and will report here on the blog each week. 

Fingers crossed!

PS -- Could someone out there call me around 9am to see if I have met my activity goal for the day? Anyone? Anyone? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!

Sweet reminder to family and friends:
Please don't reveal our last names, CajunGuy's real name or any other info that some creepo could use to find us. We'd feel reeeeeal bad if CajunGuy had to use said creepo for target practice! ;-)