Friday, May 18, 2012

He is I Am

As is sometimes the case with CajunGuy's job, he will get called to go back to work after he has gotten home for the day. {The joys of being on-call!}

I usually stay home but tonight when he was called I went with him. I'm glad I did!

As we drove toward his shop I spotted a car with a personalized plate. Most often I don't give them a second look because they're just ridiculous. {I know you've seen at least one plate that said "HOTSTUFF". Haha!}

This one was cool though. It said "HEISIAM". {He is I Am} "I Am" is my favorite of God's many names.

He isn't I Was. He wasn't something in the past that He no longer is.

He isn't I Will Be. He doesn't lack something now that He will later possess.

He is I Am. He has always been, is now and forever will be perfect, holy and just.

His name is so powerful. When He told Moses to go tell Pharoah to let His people go, Moses asked Him who he should say sent him.

God responds simply, "Tell him I Am sent you." Gives me chills every time I read that story. {How in awe Moses must've been to stand in God's presence!}

This is what I Am has taught me:

I Am with you in your darkest moments.
I'm the Light of the World and I do my best work in the dark.

I Am never going to leave you.
I bought you at a high price. Why would I do that just to forsake you?

I Am watching over you. Not a single hair on your head is unaccounted for.

I Am the One who created the Universe. I hold it in my hands and nothing happens that is out of my control.

I Am the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end. I've seen it all. Nothing that happens is a surprise to Me.

I Am able to do things beyond your wildest expectations. Trust Me.

I Am.

Isn't it the greatest of all His names?!?

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!

Sweet reminder to family and friends:
Please don't reveal our last names, CajunGuy's real name or any other info that some creepo could use to find us. We'd feel reeeeeal bad if CajunGuy had to use said creepo for target practice! ;-)